IoT Program Manager - Loveland, Ohio
Cold Jet is seeking an IoT Program Manager to drive the global development of our Cold Jet Connect™ and Smart IoT connected cleaning and dry ice production systems. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent technical skills, and be comfortable with the management of system/software development as well as customer and company relationships. The candidate should be passionate about solving complex data analytic problems, and disciplined in best practice design disciplines.
- Manage company’s IoT platform and strategy to execute development, production and customer-facing IoT programs.
- Lead cross-functional team (IT, Engineering, Customer Service, Sales) to execute corporate IoT strategy and projects. Manage projects from concept creation through implementation.
- Collect, maintain, and manage requirements for IoT features, quality and compliance, user data privacy, and cybersecurity to ensure the delivery of robust and compliant solutions.
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify and ensure effective data requirements, data capture and analytics of IoT products.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, milestones, deliverables, detailed tasks and resource requirements. Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Create and maintain project schedules and project budgets. Ensure decisions and outcomes are documented appropriately. Communicate project status including risks to all project stakeholders.
- Evangelize the IoT platform strategy and roadmap in collaboration with others on the team ensuring alignment of company objectives, product vision and user feedback.
- Work with sales, marketing, and customer service to define analytics requirements and models for successful leveraging of IoT data
- Be equally at ease discussing tech details with dev team and communicating strategy to leadership team.
- Act as a liaison between customer and internal groups. Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments.
- Build a strong understanding of customers and users to represent their goals/challenges and advocate for their experiences.
- Assess competitive smart device products and trends.
- Identify and rectify roadblocks for successful program completion.
- Apply Project Management principles, practices and techniques for development and implementation of Cold Jets IoT technology initiatives in our two major product lines.
- Develop and own tech partner relationships as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage complex technical systems and customer programs through development, launch and start of production.
- Ability to manage low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IT strategy
- Proven experience of defining vision and delivering on Platform services (APIs, data, integrations, etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Self-directed and driven, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable delivering presentations to executives
- Able to be flexible as needs change, moving seamlessly between strategic and the tactical, with a focus on the end-user needs
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree, in IT, computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in an engineering or IT role
- 5 years experience leading and managing software-based projects
- 2 years product management experience (in addition to technical experience)
- Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
- Experience managing or developing software
- Demonstrable IoT project experience
- Knowledgeable with the ThingWorx platform preferred
- Experience with IoT cloud data services (Azure, Google IoT)
- Industrial automation, or related experience
- Previous IoT project management or development experience
- Experience with fleet management systems
- Data analytics and Customer service experience is a plus
To apply for this job, follow this link.